Activists against HS2 have constructed a 30 foot high ‘Beacon of Truth’ bamboo protest tower...Read More
HS2 is the most expensive, wasteful and destructive project in UK history and is set to destroy or irreparably damage 108 ancient woodlands, 693 wildlife sites, 33 Sites of Special Scientific Interest, 5 Internationally important wildlife sites, protected by UK law , 2000 homes and businesses and 19,500 permanent, proper jobs  .
We are each paying £6,600 for this vandalism, which Prime Minister Boris has described as “profligate” as costs exceed £230 billion . HS2 is such a massive source of carbon emissions (11 million tonnes)  it will never be carbon neutral, destroying even the government’s too-late-target of the UK being carbon neutral by 2050 and accelerating nature loss which, if allowed to continue, Boris acknowledges will be “catastrophic for us all”  .
HS2 would enable airport expansion, is corrupt and undemocratic. Polls show the public oppose HS2 which is a vanity project lining the pockets of the 1% at the expense of everyone and accelerating the risk of societal collapse .
 – https://www.wildlifetrusts.org/news/hs2-exorbitant-cost-nature
 – www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/hs2-railway-route-houses-demolish-woodland-destroy-environment-impact-london-birmingham-manchester-a8582316.html
 – https://www.railengineer.co.uk/an-analysis-of-hs2/
 – https://www.transport-network.co.uk/HS2s-contribution-to-net-zero-isup-in-the-air/16484
 – https://www.theplanner.co.uk/news/johnson-pledges-to-protect-30-of-land-for-biodiversity-0
 – https://www.resilience.org/stories/2020-06-08/collapse-of-civilisation-is-the-most-likely-outcome-top-climate-scientists/
Who are we?
HS2 Rebellion is an alliance of groups and individuals campaigning against HS2. HS2 Rebellion does not represent the protection camps and each camp is independent from each other. The protection camps have been around for many years and were originally set up by people from local communities who were affected by HS2. HS2 Rebellion is entirely distinct from Extinction Rebellion but does form part of the Movement of Movements.
- TELL THE TRUTH – UK Government & Media must tell the true financial, ecological, wildlife and health related costs of both HS2 and the Climate, Ecological and Health Emergencies, whilst enforcing all related HS2 contractors to do the same.
- ACT NOW: STOP HS2 – UK Government to stop HS2 Ltd work immediately – stopping all ecocide, wildlife crime, seizing property & land, assaulting tree protectors and destruction of irreplaceable woodlands and other ecosystems in a time of a Climate and Ecological Emergency.
- MAKE ECOCIDE LAW – UK Government to pass, within this sitting of parliament, an Ecocide Act and to vigorously push for the crime of Ecocide to be added to the Rome Statute, making it the fifth International Crime against Peace.
- FUTURE DEMOCRACY – UK Government and HS2 Ltd to fund an urgent Citizens Assembly to decide how to best repair all ecological and social damage done to date by HS2 Ltd, funding all regenerative projects implemented in reparation. All future infrastructure projects to be decided by citizens’ assemblies, ensuring they all meet the Paris climate agreement, are science-led and advised by leading independent NGO’s.
Follow us on Socials!
Please like, comment and share!